Saturday, March 31, 2007

Resignation


Yesterday, I resigned from ABN AMRO, after 14 years there. It was a pretty major decision. As the Bank is now merging, I feel that it is about to become a very different organization - so this is the right time to go.


I will be staying in Dubai to set up the first Independent Asset Manager in the Middle East, together with a small elite Swiss institution. I am very excited by this new challenge.


My resignation will be announced to the teams tomorrow (April 1st!...) I will announce the name of the Swiss institution at the end of April.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Gilles

Were you happy at ABN Amro. I guess that you are aware that a group of Dubai employees have commenced a legal action in New York which makes serious allegations about a culture of flouting international money laundering and banking laws. Do you think that the bank is a straight organisation?